Saturday 31 August 2013

Hi Japan... you're confusing...


What's supposed to be one of the most technologically advanced countries in the world is a little REALLY confusing! I guess that's what happens when your train routes are privately owned and there are a million of them. Also, Steven and I have been pronouncing everything in our Japanese phrase book incorrectly. Note to self: take some Japanese classes before coming to Japan.... 

 Steven and I got the 7-day JR pass only available to foreigners visiting Japan. It's basically unlimited travel on the JR lines, which can take you to Kyoto, Osaka, Hiroshima, etc. <-- These are the places Steven and I are hitting on this trip!

The JR office at the airport has English-speaking staff, and an great knowledge of which passes to use and when. We both purchased the Suica card to save us fumbling around for passes and fares while we are in Tokyo. Isn't the card pretty?!


By the time we finally got back to our hotel, we were starving! Air Asia doesn't feed you, so it had been about 6 hours or more since either of us had a real meal. 

Our first Japanese meal...





Ordering was tough... telling the waitress I'm a vegetarian was TOUGHER (they didn't have ANYTHING for vegetarians... oh well). I ordered myself a beer as a celebration for my *ahem* success. 

And continuing on the trend of this vacation... ABSOLUTELY NO EXERCISE! YAY! 

No comments:

Post a Comment