Friday 15 February 2013

V-day in the Haus


So it turns out my boyfriend doesn't just sit around, eat fried chicken, and scratch his armpit hairs, eh? 

Because isn't that what men do on Valentine's Day?


Not mine! He got me a bag of coffee.


A pack of Caramel Tim Tams (by far the best version).


And a scrunched up face of joy.


The best part may have been the water bottle EXACTLY LIKE THE ONE I LEFT IN CANADA.

No wait, the best part may have been this:


Unfortunately, these turned out nowhere as good as Prairie Girl Bakery back in Toronto. Why is it so hard to find really good fresh cupcakes in Sydney? And can someone ship me a Prairie Girl to bake me some awesomely soft and fresh red velvet with cream cheese frosting please? Or ship me this girl. That's cool too.

Anyway, I got Steven a couple of ties because all the moving had ruined one of his nicer ones.


Not sure if he likes them...seeing as how they're kind of hard to match with shirts. Who knew that ties would be that hard to buy?


Steven wrote me a wonderful card: 

"Dearest Sandy, 
Roses are red & violets are blue
These are the givens that we take to be true
But not our relationship,that I don't take for granted
Just like a strong tree, it's not enough to be planted
It must be cared for and nourished and given plenty of food
So on this Valentine's,
If you're keen we'll go for some curry, possibly green
Be my date and you'll be in for a treat
Desserts are a-plenty if they survive this heat."

And then we went out for curry. 


And it was green.

How was your Valentine's Day?

No comments:

Post a Comment