Sunday 8 July 2012

Running - week two

July 1 to July 7
Miles last week: 4.51
Miles this week: 8.37

Sunday
          1.33 miles in the most perfect weather for a jog--cool, breezy and sunny. I could've kept going, but I was thirsty and hungry.

Monday
            Arrived in New York! Explored the financial district and walked up to Soho for some shopping. About 7 or 8 hrs on my feet? Exhausted.

Tuesday
            1 mile on the treadmill, at a 1.5 incline. Horrible, dreadful thing. It’s boring as hell and not exactly challenging. I don’t think I lost control of my breath, like sometimes the outdoors makes me do.

            More walking today!

Wednesday
          A beautiful, rainy 1.63 around Battery City Park NY. It's so nice to not know where you're going!

Thursday
          Caught my flight home, the sistah picked me up at the airport, and the 2-dog-alien-thing mauled me as soon as I got in the door.

          Then, I did 1.61 miles in the evening in the T dot O dot. I miss the unpredictableness of a new landscape. It gets boring to run around the neighborhood, you know?

Friday
          I've forgotten how to swim.

          I think I once knew how...and I knew how to surf, too, right? I'm an embarrassment to the sport...both of them...

         Anyway, I muscled my way through 500 meters in the pool. And then 1.16 miles on a run. Hopefully, I can increase mileages of both my swims and runs...

         AND TAKE OVER THE WOOORRRLLLDDD!!!

Saturday
          1.64 miles.

          An old man passed me.

          I don't think I'm taking over the world.... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment